Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Refugee Family
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 17:54:43 -0400

PESO:

Here is a little story.  You'll have to tell me if it works.  After we left
the tomb of Cyrus the Great, we stopped for gas in the middle of the
desert.  Sitting on the side of the highway by the gas station was a woman
with two children.  They were begging for help.  Hossein took them a bag a
fruit and talked with them awhile.  He found out that they are refugees who
had walked all the way from Pakistan (a long way!)  The older boy has a
deformed foot.  The mother said they have a tent set up off the highway.
Hossein asked the older boy if he would rather have the fruit or money.
The boy said money but Hossein ended up giving them all of the fruit and
some money, too. I think they were a little happier when we left.

It was about noon and the sun was extremely harsh and bright with very
black shadows.  I wasn't sure any of the photos would come out.

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000HPnZTKWveME

Hit next 12 times.  Click on Less Info for a slightly larger photo.

C&C greatly appreciated.

Tina

--
Tina Manley