Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Qashqai Women and Bath House
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 15:01:13 -0400

PESO:

Two more adventures.  We visited some Qashqai women who weave rugs from
wool from sheep that they raise.  The Qashqai used to be nomadic but are
now almost all sedentary and live in and around Shiraz.  These were in a
small village called Sadaat Shahr:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000hRvttcrbl0I

and on through an extended family who all use their wool to make souvenirs
to sell in the market.

One of the strangest museums we visited was the Vikal Bath House in Shiraz:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I00007W4hoPqAvMA

The wax models are very awkward but the museum is restoring the beautiful
decorations in the bath house:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I00007W4hoPqAvMA

and on to the end.  More photos before, between, and after of bazaars and
street scenes.

C&C greatly appreciated.

Tina

--