Subject: [Leica] Some PDP-1 Phtos
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 18:58:26 -0700

Granted, not as sexy as airplanes, but thats to what I have access>

1. Front view of computer.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000046.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000046.jpg.html>

2. Close up of control panel
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000041.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000041.jpg.html>

3. Display unit, light pen, and typewriter. The light pen was common
before the mouse became popular. A fiber optic cable runs from the hand-held
device to a photo-multiplier (very sensitive light detector). Because the
display unit scans and can plant a dot every microsecond, the time of day
when the pen sees light tells the computer the coordinates of where it is
pointing.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000038.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000038.jpg.html>

4. View of the cabinets from the side. As I said before, about the size of
three refrigerators paced side by side.

Please look large.

Herb

Herbert Kanner