Subject: [Leica] Digital back for Leica M
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 12:49:23 -0400

It is hard to imagine a digital back for Leica M cameras being an economic
success unless it takes film quality pictures. I have seen press releases
for years describing digital attachments for the Leica M. Some had electrics
and batteries in the empty film compartments. But nothing was ever marketed.
These days you can buy a modern Olympus EPL7 body with a 16 meg sensor and a
mount that takes M lenses for less than 400 USD. Throw in another 100 and
you get a good quality zoom kit lens. Last week I bought factory boxed Canon
P&S zoom camera for about 70 USD. A digital back for Leica Ms is an idea
whose time has past. I might like one for nostalgia but not for serious use.
Larry Z