Subject: [Leica] KolariVision Astro-photography cover glass, Sony a7r, Leica glass
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:51:56 -0700

I used this converted Sony a7r with M glass at this year's Golden Trout
Workshops.  My initial observations remain that it is a very interesting
alternative platform for the Leica M glass.  I took up the WATE and the
Zeiss 50mm ZM.

This is a color shot that those who were up there really seem to appreciate:

http://www.paulroark.com/Campfire-MilkyWay-GoldenTroutCamp.jpg

It is two WATE 18mm frames at f/4 stitched in PS-CC on "automatic."
 Between the 18mm at f/4 and the distortions of the merging, there is a
reduction of quality at the corners.  However, this has to be in the
context of a 30 second exposure at 3200 iso (4 sec. for the center of the
campfire).  The north star is not in this one, but would be above and to
the left.  That is why there is less of an arc there.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] KolariVision Astro-photography cover glass, Sony a7r, Leica glass)
Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] KolariVision Astro-photography cover glass, Sony a7r, Leica glass)