Subject: [Leica] IMG: Unknown Small Insect
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:03:49 -0700

OOPS.  Too fast on the trigger.  It is indeed a true bug (hemiptera) but I
am pretty sure it is not a stink or squash bug.  Hard to tell from the photo
if the wings extend past the sides of the abdomen or if it is the abdomen
flaring out from the sides beyond the wings.  I think the latter.  Kind of
looks like the shape of a flat bug, but they are usually dark and
non-descript, unlike this beauty.

Looking at some keys in my books and online there is not enough detail in
the photo for me to try to key it out.  and all my books are from the west,
so not much help looking at pictures.  I'll keep trying, or pass it on to
some entomologists I know.

Aram