Subject: [Leica] Irish Pub
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 17:24:10 +0100

Interesting, these were all taken in 1992, Lluis?

Looking it up on Google, there appear to be more Irish pubs in Barcelona
than in Dublin. Nowadays, in cities all over the world, someone Ukranian (or
somewhere similar) rents a bar, buys a green t-shirt, paints a shamrock on
the wall, et voila!, the city has a new Irish pub. When I'm abroad, I'd
never go into one of those, even if they're run by Irish people. When I go
somewhere, I want a flavour of the real city, rather than an ersatz
impression of another country.

If you need an Irish pub, come to Ireland. We have real ones here, and the
Guinness tastes better too. If you can bear to leave the Zurich Cafe, come
and make the trip over, and I'll take you to real Irish pubs!

Douglas