Subject: [Leica] M8 failure in rain
From: rendress at mac.com (Richard Endress)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 18:18:29 -0400

Hello All,

I wanted to ask the group how often do you have problems with your digital M
cameras in the rain.  I visited the Draken Harald Harfagre, the largest
viking ship afloat, a couple days ago. Got onboard for a quick tour just in
time to get rained on. I lost about half of my photos due to water getting
into the camera. The shutter and metering continued to function correctly
but the images did not get recorded on the chip. Or not correctly recorded,
just got stripes and blocks of tone. I assume raindrops got into the
circuitry through the back and through the top. My problem is that it did
not get that wet, we are talking a few drops. Has anyone had the same
problem and what can I do to prevent it happening again? Or should I have
just taken my M6 instead?

Richard Endress
rendress at me.com <mailto:rendress at me.com>

http://questingbeast.zenfolio.com <http://questingbeast.zenfolio.com/>