Subject: [Leica] PESO 07 27 16
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 23:43:09 -0400

Thanks, Ted.

This was one of many shots from this week's Democratic Party convention in
Philadelphia which has been, to say the least, interesting.

There were marches supporting Black Lives Matter, Bernie Sanders,
Anti-Fracking, Opposition to the TTP, and legalization of marijuana, among
others that I probably missed.

This shot was taken at a Bernie or Bust rally across from Philadelphia's
City Hall.

My favorite protest, though, was a counter-protest:  the Westboro Baptist
Church (a notorious bunch of nutjobs, who picket anything involving LGBT
rights.  They're also infamous for picketing military funerals) came to
town to protest in front of a LGBT health center.  Throw a convention, get
Westboro--akin to expecting ants at a picnic.  Westboro is also noted for
their "God Hates Fags" picket signs.

The counter protest featured signs that include:

God Hates Steak That's Well-Done
God Hates Broken Shoe Laces
God Hates Lame Signs
God Hates Potholes