Subject: [Leica] Went to a Bullfight...... saw a guy using Leica.... guess which ones?
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 14:48:47 -0700

Artesia, CA has (had) a great deal of Portuguese, mostly from the Azores. As
part of their tradition, they hold a bullfight twice a year.. Last Monday
was the first of the season..

As a special treat, they brought in a bullfighter from Mexico ( or so I was
told).  Not that unusual.  But it was a Female bullfighter. a real rarity...

There was a photographer in attendance that was shooting mostly or only (
not sure) shooting images of this Lady.  He was shooting a Leica M6 and a
M240.  It looked to me as if the shoot was basically all about her. so no
Bulls were used as a props..

During the event, the Lady got knocked down, the bull tried to gore her (
unsuccessfully) but he did catch her pants with his horns.  He ripped her
pants  ( note.. not indecent, there was a flap that was torn open).

One of the Bandarilheiros  (These men are the matador's helpers in the
arena) must have been a tailor. he had a needled and thread supplied out of
his gym bag, and managed to sew up her clothing quite successfully.

The photographer was quite interested in this activity and shot his M240
quite a bit...

I wish I knew more about what the purpose of the images was. his access to
her was rather remarkable...

PS: the photographer never shot the bulls at all. his interest seemed to be
the Lady Matador..

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net