Subject: [Leica] Canvas Prints
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 16:09:46 -0400

PESO:

I've been dealing with about 6 different companies that provide canvas
prints of your photos for the show that I'm having in September.  Fine Art
America did the first one for $189 plus $25 shipping.  I'm pretty sure it
was printed in North Carolina.  It is excellent.  Then I had Pixoto do one
for $59 with free shipping - it is also excellent.  I carried both to the
gallery and the only problem they had was that the Pixoto canvas only had
one hook in the middle of the top frame in the back.  They wanted two.
Pixoto agreed to provide two hooks and to also give me a 10% discount if I
ordered all 20 photos from them.

I also tried Canvas Discount.  It was also $59.  I ordered the canvas on
Wednesday and it arrived today - from INDIA!!!  How is that possible??

I would prefer to give my business to a USA company but I truly do not know
how it is possible to order a 24x36 canvas print on a Wednesday and have it
delivered in South Carolina from India in two days.

The quality of the printing on all of the canvases seems to be about the
same.  The difference is in the heaviness of the wood used for the box that
the canvas is stretched on and the mounting supplied.  I can't afford to do
much more than $59 per photo for 20 photos.  I will charge about $250 with
100% of the profit going to the scholarships for the children.

I just thought it was a very interesting exercise to have all of these
prints done by different companies all over the world!

Does anybody else have a printing company to recommend?

Thanks,

Tina

--
Tina Manley