Subject: [Leica] Camera count
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 18:38:37 -0400

I watched the athletes file into the Olympic stadium last night. By actual
count I saw two SLR type cameras, one strap hung camera, a handful of Go Pro
type cameras and at least 500 cell phone and tablet type cameras. One of the
commentators estimated that there were over 20,000 cell phone cameras in the
stands. No Leicas on display at all. I guess they were too valuable to take
to crime prone Rio. The conclusion, Olympic athletes are not photographers.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Camera count)