Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Urban Adventures
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 10:31:12 -0400

PESO:

While we were in Istanbul, we connected with a group called Urban
Adventures which arranges meals with local families.  They knew I was
interested in Syrian refugees, so they arranged a dinner with a refugee
family.  Serayi, her husband and their 3 children live in a one bedroom
apartment downtown.  The husband works as a chef and was not there.  Serayi
was very friendly and welcoming and fixed us a delicious meal.  The
youngest son, Brahim, is having the hardest time adjusting to their new
home and has not learned to speak Turkish yet.  The couple from Urban
Adventures took us to a hookah bar after dinner.  Then I photographed the
Blue Mosque at night.  Photos are here:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Turkey/G0000gyr5D5oapVk/I0000BpXszh3vEgk

and forward.  The light was terrible and I hate the T lens on the SL, but I
think the atmosphere comes through in these.

C&C greatly appreciated.

Tina

--
Tina Manley