Subject: [Leica] IMG: My Favorite Camera Store Closes
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:45:00 -0500

Camera Center, which had been on the corner of Capitol Drive and Bartlett
Avenue in Shorewood since 1972, is closing this week.  It might have been
the last camera store east of 76th Street (I don't think there are any
camera shops in the city of Milwaukee anymore).  It used to have a thriving
collectible camera section. I bought my first M3 + 50/2 collapsible
Summicron here, as well as a near-mint IIIf + 50/2 collapsible Summicron,
4x5 RB Graflex, 4x5 Speed Graphic, Ansco Super-Speedex, Voigtlander Bessa
II, Majestic tripod, and many miscellaneous gadgets.  Lately, it was still
selling a fair amount of film and chemicals to photo students at local
colleges.  My alma mater, UWM, where I used to work, still teaches chemical
based photography (as well as digital).

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Signs/20160825_MR_Mine_DSF3526.jpg.html

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Signs/20160825_MR_Mine_DSF3542.jpg.html

Their back door LEICA sign had already been sold.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Signs/LeicaSign_1978_AMR.jpg.html

--
Alan