Subject: [Leica] Leicas and Cateracts
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 16:09:23 -0500

Rei,

I had cataract surgery on both eyes, one at a time, several years ago.
I opted for the first choice you list.  My surgeon's intention, as he
explained it to me, was to provide me with the ability to do "most"
daily functions without glasses, but to require reading or computer
glasses for close work.  And he came close.  I can drive without
glasses, if necessary, but I normally use bi-focals for general work.  I
also find a pair of 2-diopter drugstore glasses work fine for extended
work at the computer, because they allow me more flexibility in head
position.

I still have a IIIf and another rangefinder, and can focus them ok,
though I seldom use film any more.  With my Olympus 4/3 and Fuji
cameras, I use whatever focus-assist they provide, and usually do ok.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA