Subject: [Leica] [OM] IMG: A Lens from Way-Back
From: leland.deane at gmail.com (Leland Deane)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 06:52:22 -0400

Jim,

I woke up this morning to the list and or post. I am just blown away by the
flower image. Every lens is a reflection (no pun) of the era that it was
developed and how people envisioned photography. I found myself instantly
transported to a time over 100 years ago.

Thank you so much for making my day!!

I want more of these please!!

Best regards,

Leland

I love the idea of putting a lens from the 1890s on a camera from the 2010s.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <
http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <
http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>
Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>
YNWA

> On 31 Aug 2016, at 20:14, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote:
>
> Exchanges with Moose, on the OM list, about older lenses, and his recent
studies in colors, led me to try a couple of experiments this morning.  I
mounted my Ross London No. 6 Symetrical 8-inch f/16 lens, from about 1890,
on an E-510, and put the combination on a tripod.

> Aiming the camera at the Buddlei bush from quite a distance, I saw
butterfly activity.  Snapping several exposures, I got a lucky hit.

> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/No_
6Symetrical+Butterflies.TIFF.html

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] [OM] IMG: A Lens from Way-Back)