Subject: [Leica] IMGs: iPhone Camera and Schneider iPro Lenses
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 12:53:36 -0500

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 11:21 AM, Tina Manley <tmanley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Impressive!!  I'm very tempted.
>
> Tina
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 11:31 AM, George Lottermoser <
> george.imagist at icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> A couple of you expressed an interest in the Schneider lenses.
>> Here?s a first ?test? of the Schneider iPro Macro Lens Series 2
>> (and some rainbows)
>>
>> C & C always welcome and appreciated
>>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=11278>

I?d recommend that let the temptation cool down a bit Tina.

I?d recommend considering the add on lenses IF and only IF you actually
spend some time investigating how to get the most out the phone?s camera
WITHOUT ANY ADD ON LENSES.

Check out the $5 Pro Camera app; to control ISO and shutter speed manually;
so as to have control over the peculiar ?noise? and ?noise reduction
artifacts? that the camera delivers when allowed to run on auto. Most people
don?t even know that you can control the ISO from 25 to 2000 manually. And,
of course, this sort of ?manual? control sort of takes away from the ?grab
and snap? and ?point and shoot? nature of the ?smart phone."

Determine whether you really wish to spend time with these odd little apps
and image files.
If you?re not enjoying the ?camera? as is. I doubt that adding these little
doodads will make it any more likely that you?ll enjoy it. If on the other
hand you DO enjoy getting deep into ?thing? - well hey you can get a case
and trio of lenses for tad over $200; and the camera and all three lenses
will fit in your jeans pockets. Though if you?re not careful the tube that
contains the three lenses may cause people to think you?re going trans
gender.

My reasons for acquiring and exploring this tool are most likely
significantly different from yours and other?s.

Also - keep in mind that the new iPhone 7 series as just been released. One
of the new 7s has two lenses already built in; a wide and a telephoto lens.
Eliminating the need for the 2x add on. It remains to be seen if Schneider
will provide a case for the 7; or if the current iPro optics will work on
the new phones.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com