Subject: [Leica] IMGs: iPhone Camera and Schneider iPro Lenses
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 01:27:47 -0700

George, the rainbows are beautiful, as is the backlit white flower.  One
thing that has always bothered me about phone cameras is, how do you hold
them steady?  I find it almost impossible to press the screen button and
keep the camera steady. And holding it out in front of you so you can frame
things on the screen is exactly the "wrong" way (at least as we were taught
way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth).  You can't use your body or head
to brace the camera. Your arms are stuck out away from your body where they
can shake at the slightest provocation. I realize we have old, obsolete
knowledge, but physics is physics.

That said, I've used my iPhone 5 as a camera when it was the only camera
available. Sometimes its OK.  Sometimes it isn't. It's best to have good
light and a static subject.

Next question:  How does Apple get people to pay more whenever they
eliminate something? (Don't answer that!)  :-)

--Peter