Subject: [Leica] IMG: More ancient airplanes
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 12:47:30 -0700

Apologies to Edvard Munch:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/29348065960/in/dateposted-public/>

Nose turret view:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/29603707886/in/dateposted-public/>

Mustang, pilot and friend:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/29014566823/in/dateposted-public/>

While in the B-25 nose turret, my Leica's rangefinder wouldn't line up.
My first thought: Oh, no!  Did I bump it out of alignment while going
through the crawlway?  But no, I'd slid through the crawlway on my back
with the camera safely on my stomach. Once I got out of the plane, all
was well.  Then it hit me. Dummy, the turret glass is curved!

Leica M Monochrom, 35/2 Summicron IV,  and 6'3" (190 cm) photographer
shoehorning himself into small spaces. Enjoy!
--Peter

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: More ancient airplanes)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: More ancient airplanes)