Subject: [Leica] Polar bears
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 11:14:22 -0400

During my Korean War?stint in the army I was briefly assigned to Ft.
Churchill, CA to study cold weather maintenance of armored vehicles. Ft.
Churchill sits astride a polar bear migration route and the huge animals are
as common in town as rats in New York City. A full grown polar bear is BIG,
about the size of a pickup truck and much meaner.They are not the cuddly
animals shown in Coca Cola TV commercials.?The lens I would use to
photograph one is at least 1000 mm, perhaps longer.?
Larry Z
- - - -
Contrary to Africa, where I have taken full frame shots of lions with a 35mm
wideangle, I wouldn't try that on a polar bear.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/trips/Arctic/

Henning Wulff