Subject: [Leica] Windows 10 Annoyance
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 01:09:48 +0000
References: <CA+yJO1DKFbeCJt4dvUgHgSJ_M0T29qPZQ079OcrbruuVUHfW1Q@mail.gmail.com> <3233c86d874f4018ab33275d47f07d55@WhizzEXM01.whizz.org> <CA+yJO1DsatoP5ap6L4p31mMP3N4vpe7z3rY4mJ6AZd6yDCj0dQ@mail.gmail.com> <038759f3d94546e7a5f95556f56054d4@WhizzEXM01.whizz.org> <CA+yJO1CWXoxyde7sXdPYMrvgztDAu-BOgaRduQmzWAvHZjmEiw@mail.gmail.com> <CY1PR1001MB1097B32AF04F08657F1D64DCB8CF0@CY1PR1001MB1097.namprd10.prod.outlook.com> <B9920F61-3949-4ABB-9E56-41FFDD6CF3A0@verizon.net> <CA+yJO1BP-p09XQ3+qvEVbc0y-W1Ztuop5JZoM+QiOnQnVmqU4w@mail.gmail.com>

OK.  Try this:

Windows USB are set to be disabled if idle to save power, you can disable
this function by going to
Control Panel
Device Manager
Universal Serial Bus controllers (expend this)
You should see a list of Generic USB Hub
Right click on each one of them and select Properties | Power Management and
uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

See if that works.

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson