Subject: [Leica] Hillary For Prison Sign Behind Barbed Wire
From: photo.forrest1 at gmail.com (photo.forrest1 at gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 08:53:37 -0400

Perfectly put, Sonny.
Phil Forrest
------ Original message------From: Sonny CarterDate: Thu, Sep 29, 2016
08:41To: Leica Users Group;Cc: Subject:Re: [Leica] Hillary For Prison Sign
Behind Barbed Wire
To my mind, the photo was no indication of Chris's politics.Like many of his
images it was a document of the state of mind in his partof the world.It was
less a political statement of his stance than Jim's of LBGT eventsor even
some Lluis's images.It was not judgemental in any way, unlike the frequent
reactions of disgustover obesity, or drunk jokes about rosacea sufferers.I
didn't like the content, but it's an image portraying something I livewith
everyday.  It's not even the worst I've seen.When people say they don't like
flowers or cats, I don't care.  I want youto look at the photography, the
light, the composition, not the prettyflower or the cute cat.Chris made no
statement about his personal beliefs, but the composition wasterrific, as
usual, and the background elements combined to make a powerfulimage.Look at
it again as a
photographer.http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=2489Regards,Sonnyhttp://sonc.com/look/Natchitoches,
 Louisiana1714Oldest Perman
 ent Settlement in the Louisiana