Subject: [Leica] What happens when you stop sending $$$ to Adobe
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 07:28:46 -0700

Hello  , my name is Bert G:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and share your thoughts
and concerns regarding the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan (12 Month
Subscription, Download).

Matt E from our Professional Photography team shares his expertise:

Once the software subscription runs out if you choose not to renew it you
will no longer be able to use the software. You will still have your files
but will need to find another program to view them if you don't want to
continue with the subscription. If you'd rather not go with a subscription
model you can still purchase Lightroom which will work forever (B&H #
ADPSLR6ESD) though Photoshop is only available as a subscription.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Bert G

B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio

The Professional's Source.

Product Reviews Department

The question posed. What happens if you stop your subscription to LR CC?

I was looking for a straightforward answer to this issue for a while,  I
never saw Adobe publish a response..

Remember that in LR, the edits you make to an image are stored as sidecar
files. (as instructions).  The original image is not changed/.  When next
you open an image, the instructions are opened and acted upon..

All of this means, they own us forever at $10 or whatever they wish to
charge per month forever.   If you stop paying, image edits are lost for ALL
your images.

And people wonder why myself, and  Nathan and others hate the idea of
subscription software..

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] What happens when you stop sending $$$ to Adobe)