Subject: [Leica] M240 rangefinder vertical adjustment
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 16:53:39 -0400

I dropped my 240 last week and the vertical alignment of the rangefinder
went out of whack in a way that made focusing very difficult. I couldn't
find any reliable instructions on the web so thought I'd post my
experiences here.

In previous models you needed a special tool to adjust the vertical
alignment, this is no longer the case. Leica's actually made it easier.

1) use a knife to pry the red dot off, it's not held on terribly tightly --
you will probably damage the dot a bit. oh well.

2) behind the dot is a small hex screw. Stick the appropriately sized allen
wrench in there and turn the screw slightly. my first attempt was about 1/8
turn coiunter clockwise. I checked through the rangefinder and this seems
to have fixed it perfectly.

3) stick the red dot back on.

4) go take some photos.

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.fr (John McMaster) ([Leica] M240 rangefinder vertical adjustment)