Subject: [Leica] Photo Interpretation
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 12:05:28 +0100

Re: Cote d'Azure - see query below
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/France/Cote+dAzur+2016/Juan-les-Pins+2+Sunbather+Dog.jpg.html

Oh, don't remember any post or image from you, Jim, but I am getting older.
Anyway, what do you think you were missing when you looked at the picture?
For instance, did it evoke or suggest anything?

My own intentions when I took the image may or may not correlate with the
image on your screen. Possible narratives running through any photographer's
head are not necessarily manifest when a viewer looks at the image. While
photographers have their own construct, the viewer is the arbiter of whether
the image works for them or not. The photographer is battling against blink
point as many photographs - especially in these days of media inundation -
will only get, and possibly merit, a cursory glance before the viewer's
attention rolls on to the next one. So, any photograph that makes the viewer
pause, consider, reconsider, and perhaps wonder, is possibly a success.

While the LUG is a forum for Leica loving photographers, it is also a forum
for discussion on photography, so I'll cross post it as I'm sure there are
other opinions out there.

Douglas