Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 15/10/2016: monkey business
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 11:05:09 +0530

Macaques are dangerous, at least here in India - they are used to humans,
have no fear and bite at the drop of a hat (their incisors are long and
fearsome!). The ones that are most common here are the Rhesus Macaques, and
as you say, woe betide anyone with anything edible in their hands who stray
too close. They are commonly found lurking around temples, and on popular
pitstops on our highways. Delhi is infested with them, and the whole troop,
quite often, come into peoples houses on raids for food. Surprisingly, they
can be controlled by introducing the far more gentle (to humans!) Langurs
into the area, who then chase away the macaques!
Cheers
Jayanand