Subject: [Leica] IMG: Why I Keep on Ticking
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 13:31:40 -0500

While searching for something today, I came across a sample of the
mechanical heart valves that I had implanted in 1993.  Young nurses with
sharp ears could hear them ticking from across the room.  When I had a
stress test earlier this year, one of the nurses finally asked, "What am
I hearing?"  This is 1990s technology, but, in the spirit of Halloween,
I thought someone might be interested.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/St_+Jude+Mechanical+Heart+Valve.jpg.html

--
Jim Nichols