Subject: [Leica] IMG: Friday Flowers by Jupiter
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 16:32:49 -0600

Hi Ted,

I've been advised by others to refrain from identifying gear used,
because it only draws attention away from the image.  Let the image
stand on its own.  But, this lens has been laying around unused for
years, because its focusing cam never worked right with my Leicas.  I
had heard that the Russians made some good Zeiss copies after the war,
and this appears to be one of them.  I will try it for a while and see
what it can do.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

While my memory is working, I seem to recall that you started out with
an Argus.  In 1952, I wanted a 35mm and searched all of the magazine
articles.  I narrowed the field down to a new Argus or Kodak Retina, or
a used Leica.  I bought a 1935 Leica IIIa with an Elmar 50/3.5.

Cheers!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: Friday Flowers by Jupiter)