Subject: [Leica] Supermoon img.
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 17:24:50 -0000

At least you got something, Jeff, compared to me.

Different observation points at opposite ends of the diameter of the earth
might give miniscule differences in the aspect of the moon that can be seen,
but I'd reckon it's infinitesimal as the moon is generally over 356,000
kilometres away. That said I do know because of the effects of libration
more than 50 percent of the near side of the moon can be seen from the
earth, but it's over a month rather than the couple of days involved..

I'm sure there's someone on this list who can explain it better.

Douglas