Subject: [Leica] Sony A7 users.... Improve Battery performance.....
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 14:32:38 -0800

Yes, turn on Airplane mode and leave it there.  Then the battery life is
fine.  That said, always carry a spare on important shoots, and keep an eye
on the battery level.

BTW, I'll soon be getting my a7rii back from Kolarivision with the new
astro cover glass -- extended red sensitivity, but not IR.  Think digital
Tech Pan -- superior B&W (with not bad color when color temp set down at
2900.  The original astro filter was thin -- great for Leica M lenses (but
still not as thin as the M sensor cover).  This wil be the first attempt at
matching the OEM optical thickness.  The 21mm Loxia was sent is with the
camera.  It's the "canary in the coal mine."  If they can match OEM
resolution across the board and at the infinity stop with their attempt,
I'll go for it.  Otherwise they replace the OEM glass at their cost.  We'll
see if they succeeded.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com