Subject: [Leica] For Jim
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 13:12:51 -0000

My parents flew on one of those Dakotas on their honeymoon back in 1948. My
mother was violently ill as it bounced through the clouds from Dublin to
London, and dreaded the return trip. My father said it should be fine, as,
after all, what would be the odds of bad weather in the summer... They
bounced all the way back, and my mother never went on another plane for just
over sixty years despite all our blandishments.

Anyway there's a trip for you, Ric - head off  to the Dominican Republic to
collect a piece of the wrecked plane as a souvenir. I dare say you'll get
some good photos too.

Douglas