Subject: [Leica] The "problem" with the M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 00:06:47 -0500

Ansel said that every time a photographer prints a negative its like an
orchestral conductor conducting a score in front of an orchestra.  And has a
literal aspect as you're doing a lot of waving around of your hands over the
print dodging and burning with the enlarging light on. And the way a
"performance" works is no two are alike and when you conduct a piece years
later you approached it differently most often. Ansel knew as much about
music as he did photography. I think that made him a better artist from any
angle. But this approach was not an exception to a rule it was pretty
common.
If you can even remember what you had in mind when you make the shot you
easily can change it halfway through your printing process as you see whats
going on with way its printing.

On 1/2/17 7:10 PM, "Peter Dzwig" <pdzwig at summaventures.com> wrote:

> ...as Ansel tried to teach is.

Peter