Subject: [Leica] The "problem" with the M9
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 16:52:55 -0800

I suspect, given expert capabilities, that one COULD fool the eye, and the
computer driven measurement systems  between a color image converted to B+W
or a B+W capture.
The other way around is REALLY tough..... And no, I do not possess those
abilities.  But to my eyes, the conversion is pretty believable.  that is
sufficient.....for me.

So it becomes a one way system, just like in film days.... shoot Digi-B+W,
and the game is over.  Shoot Digi-Color, and options abound.

A to John's comment about shooting really expensive (comparatively) single
FL lenses and cameras to go with.......  My focusing is better than AF in
the cameras I have ( for non moving subjects), they are smaller, ( but not
lighter!), and the optics, regardless of the "film type", put the (N+C+???)
others to shame.  Using the Sony A7 ( or the Fuji XE-1 due to my M9 problems
in Canada this past year) , and therefore EVF, my focus is far superior in %
of focus on target hits compared to ANY RF M.  Any.  By ANYONE.  This is not
bragging, it is just plain fact.  I shoot Leica optics because they out
resolve anything I can find.  And with EVF, I can focus substantially better
also.

PS: The WATE and the Tri-Elmar are like zooms... limited, but they do allow
for great convenience.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net