Subject: [Leica] Problem with te M9
From: vroger at yahoo.com (V.Roger)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 05:11:35 +0000 (UTC)

Mark Rabiner wrote:?You get to know they image you clicked on in the field
way better in the
darkroom as you're working with it. And working with the image going through
several sheets of paper and spending and hour is often going to take you in
an unexpected direction. Which you expect is going to happen.
And again years later when you "perform" that negative or capture again you
can change your mind on it.
Some people for some reason wish that is not the case. You wonder if they'd
ever printed in a darkroom.

I honestly feel that the true art of photography (for me anyway) is in
post-processing. It was that way from day one that I did darkroom work
starting in the late 50s.I agree with Mark wholeheartedly. Sometimes I start
out with an image I like, but after reviewing it and doing some work on it,
I change my outlookcompletely and go way into left field. Often it isn't
until the final print which looks very different fromn what I initially saw
on the computer screen, that Iachieve what I wanted, or pre visualized.

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Problem with te M9)