Subject: [Leica] 90 Summicron (Canada): still front-focussing!
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 10:55:29 +0900

Options are narrowing in my quest to correct the front focussing on my 90
Summicron (Canada). Here's the reply from Leica Japan:

"Thank you very much for your patience.

Our technician has confirmed and got an answer from Leica Germany as well.

Unfortunately this lens cannot be repaired anymore because of no more
available spare parts.

We would like to express our regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to contact us if there is anything else we can do while in
Japan."

That answer seems to say that Leica Germany will not correct the focus of
this lens either. Don Goldberg recommended I send it to Leica Germany (who,
from the message above, don't seem willing to do it). The reply is rather
frustrating, because the answer seems like a non sequitur, unless spare
parts really are needed to correct focus.

A fellow LUGger emailed me off-list and suggested that Sherry Krauter is
likely the best person to ask, as she worked on these lenses when they were
new.

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] 90 Summicron (Canada): still front-focussing!)