Subject: [Leica] IMG: WWII Wannabe
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 14:32:10 -0000

Lluis, I remember back in 1976 when I stayed in Arenys de Mar (Hostal
Mayola) just up the road from you in Barcelona for a few weeks, it cost me
?3 a day to live. ?1 for my bed, ?1 for my food, and ?1 for drink :-)

That was about 360 pesetas a day at the time and was considerably cheaper
than Ireland would have been. I was in Spain as all the banks, including the
one I worked for at the time were closed due to a strike.

Intended to go back for the fortieth anniversary, but circumstance didn't
allow.

Douglas