Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sharpening an Image
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:10:08 -0600

There have been several comments on sharpening with Lightroom tools, and
a fine group of comments from Moose, mostly on the OM list.  But, since
the subject of my image is a Leica, I am posting it to the LUG as well.

I find that, no matter how I use the sharpening tools provided in LRCC,
which Moose says are basically USM, I end up finishing the image with
Focus Magic.  This Olympus digital image from 2008, when I swapped from
film to digital, was dressed up using Nik tools and then subjected to
Level 2 sharpening with FM.  Again referring to Moose, I'm told this
process is done by deconvolution.  To  me, it is just magic.

While it would be nice to be able to use the Lightroom tools for
everything, for me, I'm not satisfied with the final result.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Leica+IIIf+with+Summitar.tif.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA