Subject: [Leica] OT: International Travel
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 19:44:22 -0800

A big thank-you to all who responded.  We are going to enroll in the
Trusted Traveler Global Entry program.  Tina, thanks for mentioning it.
It makes things more convenient in general.  It also means that they
have already checked you out, so they are less likely to ruin your
day.   Richard, you might consider this.

And thanks for the reassurances from Europe.

Passions are running very high in the U.S.  Friendships are unraveling.
People are acting as though they might be arrested tomorrow for
disagreeing with those currently in power--or that their neighbors
should be.  A 24-hour news cycle and a toxic social media atmosphere
that magnifies the worst in people just throws gasoline on the fire.  I
admit, I've been affected by all that.

I'm not going to exercise prior restraint on myself.  Our U.S. passports
are valid.  If it's legal and safe for us to travel, and we want to,
we're going to.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] OT: International Travel)