Subject: [Leica] OT: Trip to Austria & Czech Republic
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:29:01 -0800

Last time we were there was at least 10 years ago....
Cesny-Krumlov is a bit small to consume 3.5 days......  Very touristy, with
a wonderful castle.  Not sure there is a musical side to the town....
You might want to switch a day or so for more time in Prague....  or
somewhere else... I remember that the Budvar Production is nearby......
?esk? Bud?jovice

Is beer considered musical?

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

We are planning a 3-week trip to Austria and the Czech Republic. Air tickets
are already purchased. Those who have been there: Does the following number
of days in each place seem about right? We are not "maximum efficiency"
travelers who cram as many museums and castles as possible into each day.
We'd rather see a few representative things fully, with some time to stroll,
people-watch and "smell the flowers."
I'm particularly interested in things having to do with music, and we're up
for an excursion to a smaller town or village from any of the prihcipal
destinations. The half days indicate a day that include a 3-4 hour trip on a
train or bus)

Vienna:  6 days (omitting "jetlagged" partial day of arrival).
Salzburg: 3.5 days
Cezny-Krumlov (Czech.):  3.5 days
Prague:  5.5 days

All tips and suggestions welcome.