Subject: [Leica] Fuji GFX 50S
From: john at mcmaster.fr (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 08:05:34 +0000

It is same CMOS chip as in the Pentax 645Z, Hasselblad X1D and CFV-50c, PI
IQ250. There are some tweaks possible - it seems that Fuji might have
managed an electronic shutter unlike any of the others. I have not seen
images with the Credo, it has probably had tweaks for allowing shifting, but
I have downloaded samples from some of the others....

The chip is only 14bit compared to almost (all?) other medium format chips
that go to 16bit and the main thing is that I have not liked the look of the
images compared to my S2 ;-) Will wait and see what the Fuji images are
like, the bokeh on the X1D lenses is not that pleasant and I have seen some
plain ugly results from the 90mm.

john