Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Farmers' Market at People's Park
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 01:34:48 +0000

To see how the Elmar performed on people in crowded spaces, we headed
off to Sunday's Farmers' Market at the People's Park in Dun Laoghaire
which was much busier that I expected. The lens cap was needed due to
frequent light showers, and proved very hard to take off in a hurry.
Turned out later that it was one that seems to work better on my 35mm
Summaron. I probably got them mixed up while they have been resting :-)

The lens itself was fine, but the focal length, if you wanted to get
focus perfectly on people from head to toe, was just a bit too long.
With the crowds scurrying around, many photo opportunities were wasted
as out of focus personages drifted between the camera and intended
subject. I guess I'm a 35mm kind of guy and like to see the whites of
their eyes. As a result, I had to dump a fair few shots.

Here are 17 okish shots.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dun+Laoghaire/DL+120317+a1+food+queue.jpg.html
and then click to the right... sixteen times.

Sony A7ii with Leica 50/2.8 Elmar. Can be seen LARGE.

Today, I put my sixty five year old Canon Serenar 35/3.2 on the Sony, so
we'll see how that one goes. The camera now fits in my pocket.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram) ([Leica] IMGs: Farmers' Market at People's Park)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMGs: Farmers' Market at People's Park)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGs: Farmers' Market at People's Park)