Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mallorca and Ibiza: kitsch and beauty
From: johnbeeching at gmail.com (John Beeching)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:28:27 +0100

Nathan,

Photos of these islands always evoke mixed feelings for me.  As you may
know, I was brought up on a very remote part of Ibiza from 1957 - 65, when
things were very different from what they are today.  I did not return for
over 40 years, though now I do more regularly as my step-mother lives on
Ibiza and a sister on Mallorca.  The pain is now less as, while the whole
world has changed, there are still some very beautiful parts on the islands
if you are prepared to walk.  February is the best season when the almond
trees are in blossom.

Like you photos, by the way.

John