Subject: [Leica] OT: how to store a laptop in luggage
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 21:59:31 -0400

Adam,

My suggestions ?

* Hand carry everything you can get away with. Cameras are allowed so far I
believe.

* Use Fedex/DHL/etc to ship the laptop back if they are of value.
Sell/donate them over there otherwise.

* Copy all the important data (ie. images) to an SSD (or 2) and carry that
with you. I use an older version of one of these Samsung USB SSD to carry
data that doesn?t fit into my laptop. Current versions are faster ? close to
SATA 3 speed. Not cheap but really not that expensive given how fast they
are.

<http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/portable-solid-state-drives/s/_/n-10+11+hv22y+zq29n/>

Regards,
Spencer