Subject: [Leica] Thunderbird Oddity
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 15:17:13 -0500

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for email, and it is up to date.  I awoke to a
power outage last Friday morning.  It appeared to last about 45 or 50
minutes.  I turned off the power strip and waited until things
stabilized before restarting the Dell desktop running Win7.

Since that morning, my outgoing emails take about 16 seconds to connect
with my ISP and go out.  This routine was much faster prior to the outage.

I talked with a tech rep at the ISP this morning, and she restarted my
connection at her end, advising me to do the same, including restarting
the router.  Afterwards, the time was about the same.

Knowing that large files sometimes cause problems, I deleted my saved
messages in each category prior to 2017, reducing the saved groups
considerably.  Still no change.

I've looked through my account settings and see nothing out of the ordinary.

Anyone got any helpful hints?

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA