Subject: [Leica] A first for me
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 18:48:40 -0400

I read once and got heavy into the mindset that we should wrap our heads
around the concept that when someone else is not paying for our shoot it is
not a ?free shoot?. The client of the shoot is us ourselves. Me myself and
I. The client for us walking down the street grabbing shots is us. It?s a
self-something photoshoot. So, I had a category in my computer for that and
everything. The point which may not be obvious is that when you are not
getting paid you are not working ?for free?. It?s still in some sense ?a
job? and you yourself are the client. Money is certainly being spent and its
coming out of our own pockets. Despite the going mindset I think its money
which keeps us honest. Working for love very much does not keep us honest.
It makes things murky. Money keeps things clean. I bet that?s not just me on
this.
I?m writing all this because I think doing a job like this as an effect on
all our shooting down the road. Gets us focused.  And I?m all for things
being in focus.

And whats that up in the road?
A head!

Mark Focus

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 6/6/17, 10:41 AM, "LUG on behalf of Jim Shulman"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jshulman
at judgecrater.com> wrote:

    Thank you!
    On Jun 6, 2017 10:38 AM, "George Lottermoser" <george.imagist at
icloud.com>