Subject: [Leica] Lens repair DIY advice?
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:28:31 -0400

Hi folks -- two lenses, two questions:

1) Voigtlander 35 1.7, it simply stopped focusing properly. focusing ring
still turns, helix still moves, but the focus is off. i noticed that the
front of the lens where the aperture ring is, wobbles a little -- i don't
remember if it did that when i bought it, but i doubt it. getting it fixed
at camera quest is something like $250 which is almost the price of a
different lens, so I'm willing to have a go at fixing it, but i can't find
any repair manuals on line.

advice?

2) Zeiss 50 planar f2, i dropped it and, I think, bent the barrel. between
5 feet & infinity the focus ring gets really tight. is this something i can
un-bend? or will i need a replacement part? also, can't find a manual or
repair video on line. easy fix or send it out? and if the latter, send it
to whom?

advice?

thanks!

Kyle