Subject: [Leica] Syrian Children
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 13:27:20 +0100

On 13/06/2017 00:27, Tina Manley wrote:
> PESO:
>
> I told myself I would not post here again since my last post about my trip
> to Syria was totally ignored.  I checked to be sure it was posted and it
> was.  My posts on Facebook have received many comments but not a single one
> here.  Just in case, I'm trying one more time before I give up completely.
> These are Syrian children who attend a school that is supported by our
> Syrian Working Group.  We are trying to make it possible for Syrians to
> stay in Syria.  If you read my first post, you know that the news we
> receive in the USA is very different from what the Syrians believe is the
> truth.  We are just hoping the children will be able to make a difference
> in the future.

> Leica SL, 50/1.4 - a phenomenal lens.
>
> Tina

Tina, your last post - which had no photo links per my uncaught up records -
was basically pushing the pro- Assad viewpoint and recommending Al Mayadeen
as an unbiased news source which, of course, in this complicated melting pot
is not quite accurate. It may be accurate to those who recommended it to
you, but I prefer to read or view all biased news sources including all
pro-Iranian, pro-Saudi, pro-Israeli, pro-Sunni, pro-Shia, pro-Hamas,
pro-Hezbollah, pro-Daesh, etc., etc. in the vague hope I might get some sort
of feel for a Middle East that has been completely messed up by the Great
Powers since the Sykes-Picot agreement by the British and French in 1916. I
recommend James Barr's "A Line in the Sand" as a relatively simple starter
in what is a terribly complex political and religious mess.

Obviously, swimming in the maelstrom of media that we all seem to be at the
moment, leaves anybody little time for comments on other people's photos -
even yourself betimes, it seems :-)

Douglas
PS nice to see the images - take it as a big thumbs up or LIKE.

Replies: Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Syrian Children)