Subject: [Leica] Xtol recomended dilutions
From: dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 18:00:26 +0800

Lluis

I can only share experiences with the developer used with HP5. Dilution 1:3.

Developer: Two parts. Easy to mix, smells funny and has a reasonable shelf
life. Loses it's potency if kept too long and over the recommended stock
life.

They claim it's low toxicity because it's some form of ascorbic acid. Can be
used with less than optimal water quality so suitable for third world
countries.

HP5: I get good grain, acutance and tonality. I missed it when Kodak
Singapore decided to stop importing it. Before that I used HC-110 and before
that Rodinal.

So now I go back to HC-110 as one shot developer. I cannot get Rodinal in
Singapore.

Dan K.

Sent from my iPhone