Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 22/6/2017: East Berlin, then and now, plus hard-working colleagues
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 20:03:39 +0200

The reason I was in Berlin earlier this week (I am now spending the weekend
in Poland, visiting my sister) was that our office organised a major
conference on IP enforcement with the German government and the European
Commission. The venue was a place called Caf? Moskau, a place which during
the bad old days was a favourite among high-ranking Communist functionaries,
black marketeers, spies and other similar members of the elite in East
Germany. Today it is a conference and events centre, but the architecture
has been retained and the meeting rooms are all named after capitals of the
former Soviet republics. Four images:

In the adjacent U-Bahn (metro) station there are photographs of the area as
it looked back then:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-mw27n8c/A

And this how it looks now:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-SjStw5T/A

My colleagues Stephanie and Claire worked incredibly hard during the days
before and during the event:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-jCnNF4K/A
They are delightful ladies and top professionals.

And our video guy Pierre worked hard too, but as always he had a smile for
me:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tLtpHfk/A

Cheers,
Nathan