Subject: [Leica] Less you scoff at R lenses compared to 21st Century M lenses.........
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 15:37:27 -0700

My 45 year old cypress fence is NOT interesting.  It has interesting knots
that I use both for focusing and for evaluation of the lens.

The images are WAYYYYYYYY too boring.  Proper lens tests, even simplified
ones as I do, are best left to conclusions.  Take them with a grain of salt,
if you prefer.

I wills see what I can do about the Noctilux vs 7Artisans actual picture
taking results.  In those tests, it is not sharpness, but rather fingerprint
that counts.... and might actually be interesting...
Imagine taking the $5000 out of your bag and replacing it with $369......
and pocketing the difference.....  THAT is interesting....

The Noctilux never was a sharpness related lens.  It is faster by 1 stop
than the ultimate lens for the M, the 50 ASPH Lux.  ( 2 stops faster than
the ASPH Summicron, that I do not own.) .
It has wonderful glow.  That is what makes it special.  Let's see if the
cheapie lens can approximate that look.....

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

It would be interesting to see the images though.

Peter

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Less you scoff at R lenses compared to 21st Century M lenses.........)
Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Less you scoff at R lenses compared to 21st Century M lenses.........)